Novak Djokovic Has Officially Withdrawn From Tournament In Montreal, Gifting Nick Kyrgios A Spot In The Main Draw – Greek City Times


Wimbledon champion Novak Djokovic, whose choice to be unvaccinated against Covid-19 makes him unable to enter Canada, has officially withdrawn from the ATP hardcourt tournament in Montreal, organisers said on Thursday.

The Serbian star’s unvaccinated status made it uncertain he would play in the prestigious ATP Masters tournament, just as it means he will probably miss the US Open starting later in August as the United States also expects visitors to the country to show proof of vaccination.

Djokovic, a 35-year-old from Serbia, has said he won’t get the shots, even if that means he can’t go. He missed the Australian Open in January after being deported from that country and needed to sit out two events in the United States earlier this year.

Nick Kyrgios is thrilled with how his Washington campaign has been going so far as he feels he has been playing near a flawless tennis this week. On Wednesday, Kyrgios saw off home favorite Paul 6-3 6-4 to progress into the Washington last-16.

Kyrgios broke Paul twice in the first set, before claiming his third break in the 10th game of the second set – when the American was serving to stay in the match. Kyrgios now owns a 2*-0 head-to-head versus Paul, having also beaten the American earlier this year in Houston.

“I always seem to find my best tennis when I play Tommy,” Kyrgios said, per the ATP website. “I played pretty two flawless matches from a return and serve standpoint.”



Source link

13 Comments

  1. 강남란제리 August 5, 2022
  2. spambot August 5, 2022
  3. guide to sex video August 5, 2022
  4. web design August 5, 2022
  5. anasi_sikismis August 6, 2022
  6. anasi_sikismis August 6, 2022

Add Comment