How to make Spinach Pie. This is a quick and simple way of making the most delicious pie you’ve ever tasted.Awesome puff pastry with spinach and feta filling. The is a delicious appetizer to your main course, or as finger food in a party.
It has a few names such as Spanakopita/borek/ spinach puff/ Greek spinach pie. Albanian byrek me spinaq.
Here are the ingredients:
– spinach 300g
– pinch of salt
– olive oil 3 tbsp
– chopped dill 70g
– feta cheese 200g
– 1 chopped onion
– 1 egg
– puff pastry
– Add boiled water to the spinach and leave it for 2 minutes. Over a colander or sieve, squeeze as much excess moisture out of the spinach as possible. Allow it to continue to drain while assembling the rest of the ingredients. Transfer it into a large mixing bowl and allow it to cool.
– Dice the onion and sauté it in the olive oil over medium heat until just translucent.
– Add it to the spinach
– Chop the dill and add this to the mixture
– Add the feta cheese, pepper, a pinch of salt and the egg and stir all the ingredients to combine
– Cut the pastry into 3 ½” x 3 ½” squares
– Drop one tablespoon of filling into the center of each square
– Fold each square diagonally and pinch their ends to seal
– Press around the cut edges with the tines of a fork to further secure the seal
– With the tip of a knife, slice steam holes into the top of the triangles. This will help prevent the triangles from bursting open in the oven
– Brush their tops with egg and spread some melted butter on top
– Transfer the triangles to parchment paper-lined (or simply ungreased) sheet pans. Space them 1″ apart as they will expand while baking. So that the heat-sensitive puff dough remains chilled, unbaked pie should be held in the refrigerator covered in plastic wrap until they are ready to go in the oven
– Bake them for 20-30 minutes in the middle of a 200°C oven or until they are golden-brown on top and baked through-and-through. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before serving. For best results, eat spinach pie hot and fresh
– FACEBOOK — https://www.facebook.com/Delizioso-899724880096867/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel
– GOOGLE+ — https://plus.google.com/u/0/115788310727672980648/posts
– TWITTER — https://twitter.com/Delizioso136
– PINTEREST — https://uk.pinterest.com/Delizioso123/pins/
– OUR WEBSITE — http://delizioso136.wix.com/delizioso