#OnThisDay – In 1948, King Charles III was born
- The Burgos Cathedral is in which European country?
- Which of these acts had a 1958 hit with Dizzy Miss Lizzy”? Jay Hawkins, Larry Williams, Duane Eddy, Sonny Till
- In Greek mythology, what is the region beneath the Underworld, where the wicked were sent as punishment for their sins?
- Milwaukee Deep is the deepest part of which Ocean?
- Which US Vice President had a pet Cocker Spaniel called Checkers?
- What is the name of a triangular piece of material that is inserted in a garment to make it flared or for ornamentation?
- Which 2011 Nobel Prize was jointly awarded to Ellen Johnson Sirleaf, Leymah Gbowee and Tawakkol Karman?
- In September 2011, a drunken Elk made the news when it was found stuck in an apple tree in which European country?
- Mimi Marquez, Roger Davis and Mark Cohen are all characters from which musical film?
- Which city is the base for Alitalia? Madrid, London, Pairs, Rome
Answers for November 13:
Questions: 1.Mount Elbert is in which US state? 2.Which city hosted the 1980 Summer Olympics, which were boycotted by over 60 nations? 3.In which year did the art movement Dada emerge? 1944, 1920, 1916, 1924 4.The city of Sheffield lies on which river? 5.Fiorello LaGuardia was mayor of which city from 1934 to 1945? 6.What kind of “Shake” did a Baauer song inspire in 2013? Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Harlem 7.Erythema affects which part of the human body? 8.The Disquieting Muses is a work by which painter? De Chirico, Nitsch, Hirst, Holzer 9.The headquarters of UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) are in which European city? 10.Phengophobia is the irrational fear of what?
Answers: 1.Colorado 2. Moscow 3. 1916 4. The River Sheaf 5. New York 6. Harlem 7. Skin 8. De Chirico 9. Paris 10. Daylight
Get all the latest news, updates, things to do and more from your local InYourArea feed.